Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rozaimi signs three-year deal with JDT

By FRANCIS XAVIER Francis@newsabahtimes.com.my

 KOTA KINABALU: Rozaimi Abd Rahman’s decision to dessert his state team did not come down too well with the Sabah FA, as its Deputy President Datuk Lawrence Gimbang revealed that they have already had a gentleman’s agreement with the former national Under-23 player that he would sign for the Sabah Rhinos. Gimbang yesterday expressed his disappointment after learning through Facebook that Rozaimi had signed for Johor Darul Takzim.

 According to him, Rozaimi had initially agreed to sign for Sabah Rhinos for this new season. He said: “We have met Rozaimi and after holding discussions, we agreed to his demands…how much (is the offer) I think we do not have to reveal here. So, we were quite confident regarding the whole matter because once we talked, we are being serious…we are sincere.”

 “He was training with the team, and on occasions when he did not turn up for the morning session, we made attempts to contact him and he gave reasons. Despite that we still asked him to join the rest of the squad,” said Gimbang. Gimbang claimed Rozaimi did not pick up or return their calls on the day he was supposed to sign his contract, which was on Tuesday.

 “It was not until later in the night the same day that we found out, through Facebook, he was with JDT. We can’t confirm (then) whether it was true or not but there was a photo of him,” he explained. “We can’t do anything because it was his choice and we wish him the best of luck.” When contacted, Rozaimi confirmed that he had signed a three-year deal without disclosing further details.

 “I have discussed the move with my family and I have their blessings. Apart from that, I’ve decided to move because TMJ (Tengku Mahkota Johor – owner of JDT) wants me to undergo my rehabilitation here. He wants me to return to my best. “As for which team I will be playing for, it doesn’t matter whether it is JDT or JDT II but firstly I must return to my best condition.

 I’m very thankful to TMJ for looking after me for the next three years…I will give my best to JDT,” Rozaimi said. Rozaimi’s stay with Sabah Rhinos for the last two seasons has not been the best memory for the player, who spent most of time on the treatment table. He was also involved in a road accident that dampened his recovery.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...