Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Dedi out to help Sabah regain football supremacy

By FRANCIS XAVIER Francis@newsabahtimes.com.my

 KOTA KINABALU: Sabah Rhinos newly hired midfielder Dedi Kusnandar has vowed to help the state Premier League squad regain its supremacy in the national football scene. The former Indonesia Under-23 player insists nothing is more important than to see the team do well in his debut season in the M-League.

 Dedi, now 24, believes nothing is impossible as long as there is a will. “My main priority here now is to help Sabah rediscover its rhythm as they were once among the top teams in the country. “Although this upcoming season, Sabah will be represented by quite a number of young players, but I’m confident Sabah will rise again,” said Dedi, who hails from Sumedang, Indonesia.

 “This is my first time in Sabah, but I have heard about it (Sabah) that they are one of the top teams in Malaysia not too long ago,” Dedi said, adding that he also heard about Sabah from its former striker Marwan Sayedeh, who also had stint in the Indonesia League.

 He said that he has no problem adapting to life here be it with the team or the state itself. “I have no problem to adapt to a new life here because I find that Sabah people are very friendly. “My teammates are very friendly and supportive too, and I really hope we can spring some surprises this season,” he added.

 Dedi is also determined to follow the footsteps of his countrymen such as Bambang Pamungkas, Elie Aiboy and Andik Vermansyah, who have done well with Super League side Selangor. Dedi was proud of the trio’s achievements, adding that it is his wish to do as well as the three. “Of course I would love to be as successful as them.

They not only performed well here, but they have quite a number of followers or fans too. “So here with Sabah, I want to prove something, and I will do all I can to win their hearts. Furthermore, there are a lot of Indonesians here in Sabah,” he said. Prior to signing for Sabah, Dedi donned Pelita Jaya (2008-2011), Arema Cronus (2012-2013), Persebaya Surbaya (2013-2014) and Persib Bandung colours last year in the Indonesian League.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...