Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Rexjeson delight after signing one-year deal

Daily Express

Kota Kinabalu: Striker Rexjeson Pitrus said it is a 'dream' to be playing for the State senior team after he signed a one-year deal with Sabah Football Association late Tuesday afternoon. The 21-year-old who was earlier dropped by Milomir Seslija in an earlier trial when the Bosnian first took over the team three months ago was delighted to be back in the team.

 "It's like a dream. I want to work hard now and establish myself as a first team player," said Rexjeson. He said it was a big surprise to be called up to train with the team again after the friendly matches against the State team almost two weeks ago. "It was definitely a shock to my system as I was not even in the list of seven players that were shortlisted by Milomir after the recent Datuk Seri Musa Aman Cup inter-zone tournament."

 "To be honest I didn't carry much hope coming back here again after the earlier experience where I was one of the first to be shown the exit." He said he fully understood the decision by the coaches then as he did not perform up to mark during the earlier sessions. "For me, it was a completely new experience and I just could not project myself better in that environment with so many seasoned players around and it was probably due to fright."

 He believes he is well prepared this time as he has made many friends in the team and will try his very best to learn whatever he can from the coaches and the senior players. "I am very proud to be included in the team and I would not let the management down and I must also thank all the coaches in Keningau as well as here for their support throughout the years."

 Rexjeson who played for the President Cup squad last season did make his debut for the senior team as a striker against Felda United in the FA Cup tie here at the Likas Stadium early this year and that was his only appearance. Meanwhile, another newcomer, Mohd Shahrul Chankui who hails from Beluran saw his sacrifices pay off handsomely after he was also given a year contract by Safa. 

The completely unknown 23-year-old told Express Sports that he has earlier resigned from his job in the palm oil estate in his home town in order to train with the Beluran team for the Datuk Seri Musa Aman Cup competition. "I never expected this to happen to me as I only just returned from Kuala Lumpur last year having worked there for the past five years after my SPM examination."

 "This is the chance of a life time to be in the squad and I will definitely give my best to try to break into the first team as well.' The midfielder turned left back who only played for a Kuala Lumpur local team previously, caught Milomir's eyes during the inter-zone tournament and subsequently impressed the Bosnian with his tremendous fitness and speed.

 Meanwhile, the two players together with former skipper Reithaudin Ag Emran left for the national capital on Wednesday en route to Malang, East Java, Indonesia to join the other team members for a two-week tour.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...