Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Monday, June 03, 2013

Bobby Gonzales: I owe everything to Sarawak FA and the fans

Goal.com
Bobby Gonzales (L) scored 19 goals for Sarawak FA this season
Sarawak FA striker Bobby Gonzales may be regarded as the man of the moment in Borneo but the 29 year-old forward has credited his impeccable form to Sarawak FA and its fans. The Crocs have already secured promotion to the Malaysian Super League next season and it was definitely due, in no small part, to the 19 goals that was scored by Bobby - something that the man was extremely humble about.

 "I would have to say that it all boils down to teamwork," he said in an exclusive interview with Goal. "Every Sarawak FA player has been terrific this year and the understanding between all of us contributed to all the goals that I have scored this season. "Guy Bwele in particular, has been the heartbeat of the team with his energetic displays.

 "With players like these in the side, more chances were created and I just did my best to finish them off. "The fans have been equally amazing as well. "Considering the difficult season that Sarawak had last year, the fans have stood strong as the backbone of the team, which inspires me to do my best for the side." Bobby's form has unsurprisingly seen him being linked with a call-up to the national team set-up, which is terribly lacking of an on-song striker.

 However, the Sabah-born forward was incredibly modest about it, while also insisting that he would give his all if selected to play for the national team. Bobby continued: "I don't think I deserve all the praise that is coming my way but I will be proud to play for the national team. "If it does happen, i promise to give my all and make the nation proud."

 Bobby plied his trade with Sabah FA last season and the Borneo side is struggling immensely this year. Despite having a former Man United man as their manager, the Rhinos have not been able to perform on the field, something that Bobby blames the management for. "I think that Sabah have a decent team, just that they need to sort out several management issues. "The coach needs be given more freedom to lay out the tactics and implement a style of play and that will be the only way for them to improve."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...