Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Thaufiq joins AirAsia FC

Daily Express

Kota Kinabalu: Former Melaka United defender Thaufiq Abd Haq has signed with AirAsia FC for the FAM League next season. The 28-year-old was given a year contract by the club last month and he is the second Sabahan to join the club following the signing of former Rhinos Didie Arizal in October.

 "Yes, I have already signed in December last year. I have been training with the team since November under coach Nizam Jamil and the management offered me a year contract," he said when contacted. He hoped one day he will be able to return and play for Sabah again. "It is sad I wouldn't be able to play for the State next season.

AirAsia had shown a keen interest on me since I was released by Melaka United and as a professional I can't turn down their offer as I need to earn a living. "Anyway, it is another good opportunity for me to learn my trade and hopefully with regular playing time, I could further improve my game and one day may return and play for the Rhinos again."

 The Tuaran lad played for Sabah Rhinos in the early part of the 2015 season under George O'Callaghan. He was used as a striker and attacking midfielder and was unable to earn a place in the starting line-up, and was later released in the open window in April where he joined Melaka United. He played in his favourite centre back position in the new team and helped them to win the league and gain promotion at the end of season.

 Five players from Sabah were recruited by Melaka United last year but only former State President Cup top scorer Rusmanizam Roseland was retained by the management while defenders Mohd Ahzuan Khan and Billy Doliente are still free agents and winger Rexjeson Pitrus has signed for Sabah Rhinos just before the new year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...