Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Thaufiq joins Malacca United

Daily Express

Kota Kinabalu: Defender Thaufiq Haq became the first player to leave the Sabah Rhinos squad during the current open window which began on April 1. The 28-year-old said he has accepted an offer to join Malacca United Soccer Association to play in the FAM League.

 "I received an offer on March 30 and I decided to take it after much consideration. "It was a difficult decision but I need to play regular football and with the tough competition now in the current squad (Sabah Rhinos), I knew I have to make the move. He thanked all the Sabah Football Association officials for their trust during his tenure with the team.

 "It was a great experience training with the team even though I wasn't long with them and I really appreciate all the support given by all the officials, managers and coaches." The player who last played for the President Squad in their 0-0 draw with PKNS left for Melaka on Tuesday afternoon. He will team up with his former Cebagoo FC teammate Ahzuan Khan who is now the skipper for Malacca United in the centre of defence.

 Two other Sabahans who are also in the team are Billy Doliente in defence and striker Rexjeson Pitrus. Former President Cup player Rusmanizam Roseland also followed Thaufiq on the same flight but he is likely to attend trial first as he has been out of action since the end of last season with injury.

 Meanwhile, head coach Mike Mulvey confirmed that Malacca United had made an offer for the service of Thaufiq. "We received an offer and the player requested that he be able to take the opportunity. "He has had a great attitude while I have been here so I have no problem with agreeing to the request. I wish him the very best of luck with his new club."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...