Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Sunday, January 05, 2014

‘Rally behind Sabahawks’

New Sabah Times
HERO OF THE DAY … Marwan (2nd right) in control of the ball as Rozaimi far left looks on during their Borneo Derby friendly tie at the Likas Stadium yesterday.
KOTA KINABALU: Seslija Milomir is sending a battle cry to local fans to rally behind the team as he bids to bring back the glory days to Sabah football. The Sabah head coach made the call after seeing his side nicking a 1-0 win over Sarawak in a Borneo Derby friendly tie at the Likas Stadium yesterday. “I like to dedicate the win to my fans … please come back to us,” Milo said when met shortly after the tie.

 “We are totally changed now. This season, we want to take at least a step forward and make Sabah fans happy. We want to see them having some joy. “If we are together (with the fans) we can make it a very good team,” he added. The match ended 0-0 at half time before Sabah’s Syrian striker Marwan Mustafa Sayedeh scored the solitary goal of the day.

 The nippy striker headed home from close range after receiving a superb cross from second-half substitute Maxius Musa. On the game, Milo commented: “I want to say congratulations to both teams. To play under this humid weather is not easy. But at least my boys showed some effort … we showed we can play against them and created many chances.” He said his charges were a little tensed earlier on, but managed to cope as the match progressed.

 “What I promise is we will try to do our best and I hope they (fans) come back and support us. We will give everything. With them (fans) we are or can be a good team, but without them we are nothing. To another question on whether he is happy with his team, Milo said: “It’s just a friendly, but I am happy about my players because they have put a lot of work in these five months.

 We showed today we are one big family and a team that is under a transition period. I think by day to day and month to month, they will become better and stronger.” “I only have Rozaimi for two days, and he is a quality player, but I am happy overall because all the players are trying their best and fear nothing. “But sometimes football is round and anything can happen.

 For me if they give everything during matches, they will always be winners. Milo was also happy with the fitness level of his charges, saying that they will look better if they were to play night matches,” before declaring, “I’m here to win. As I player I did that, and I hope to do it again (as a coach).” Surprisingly, the fans seemed to answer Milo’s calls for support as about 2,000 fans turned up for the tie.

 The first half was equally contested with both sides having a fair share at each other’s goalmouths, but none found the net until Marwan struck the killer blow on the 70th-minute mark. Meanwhile, team manager Rahman Zakaria wants the team to keep up the good work, insisting that they must keep up the good effort.

 “I would also like to thank the fans for their support, and I hope more will come for our upcoming home matches.” Sabah FA Deputy President Datuk Lawrence Gimbang and Vice President cum head of the Team Management Committee Joehari Datuk Ayub were among the top level officials who witnessed the match.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...