Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Sunday, January 05, 2014

Sabah edge Sarawak 1-0

Daily Express

Kota Kinabalu: Sabah edged Sarawak 1-0 with a second half goal in the return leg of their friendly match played at the Likas Stadium on Saturday. The home team with their excellent short passing game were in control in the opening half dominating the midfield, and could have killed off the game early if the frontlines were more adventurous.

 Their best chance came from centre half Reithaudin Emran who almost put them ahead when he was the first to react with a loose ball in the box but his shot was blocked by Sarawak's keeper Sani Anuar at point blank range. Their failure to put their superiority into goal almost cost them dearly as Sarawak had two great chances to open the scoring themselves, first with a sky high effort from their import Aliereza Abassfrad after he was left unguarded and with Sabah's keeper Fadzli Paat too beat.

 The second came near the end of the half which was brilliantly saved by Fadzli at the near post. Sabah started the second half with the same fashion as the first and they continued to press for the opening goal with more urgency as Rozaimi Abd Rahman, who only joined the team on Friday, began to stamp his mark on the pitch but Sani at the Sarawak's goal was also at his element to frustrate the home fans.

 Sabah new import Marwan Sayedeh had a goal bound chip which was clear off the line before substitute Maxsius Musa managed to unlock the stubborn Sarawak defence in the 70th minute with his inch perfect cross from the left after a darting run to allow Marwan to slot it home.

 The visiting team was more aggressive after the goal, and they bombarded Sabah with long balls into the box. Despite their height disadvantage against their opponents, the Sabah defence stood firm and Erwan Jamil in goal in the second half also had an excellent game to deny Sarawak.

 Sabah coach Milomir Seslija was delighted with the attitude shown by the players when met after the game. He praised their team spirit for the hard fought victory and reckoned that they could have gone at least two goals up in the first half.

 "My boys showed too much respect for their opponents and they missed too many good chances for the opening goal in the first half." He was very pleased however with all the players, including the second half reserves and he said it was a very lucky decision to put Maxsius in that resulted in the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...