Sabah Football Fan blog with news, schedule, result, statistic , records and more.

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Azraai far from impressed with below-par performance

By FRANCIS XAVIER Francis@newsabahtimes.com.my

 KOTA KINABALU: Sabah Rhinos’ newly appointed head coach Mohd Azraai Khor Abdullah is far from happy with the performance of his side in the 0-0 draw against FAM Cup hopefuls DYS FC in a friendly match at the Likas Stadium on Friday.

 “Obviously I am not impressed with yesterday’s game as well as the performance of the players. But to me there is another month for them to impress me and technically they have to improve and so on and I hope they will change their attitude and improve … Otherwise (they face the consequences),” said Azraai, when asked to comment on the tie.

 “I told them, you guys have to impress me in this coming month. I was up there to evaluate the team and I didn’t give any instructions because I wanted to see how good you guys are,” Azraai told his charges after the clash. “Against a team hoping to play in the FAM Cup you all struggled. It showed there is something wrong even though there were a few former state players there (DYS FC).

 “Basically all of them played below par,” said Azraai. On the criticism that he did not play Brazilian Andrezinho in the clash, Azraai explained: “It is unfair for me to play him because I am here to evaluate the team and each of the local players, and he is a foreigner and not even in the team this season.”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...